Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy birthday Jake!

Jake clapping!!!
Jake loved his new sled from Aunt Stacey!
Jake helping Gramps put together his new car.
Jake's Bears cake.
Not afraid to dig right in. He finally did the sign language for more that I was trying to teach him all summer because he wanted more cake.

Wow! I can't believe how fast this year has gone. This has, by far, been the best year of my life. I am having so much fun with Jake. He is really trying to talk or scream, he is eating on his own, drinking on his own, he imitates sounds and things we do, and is on the go all the time. I love the way he says mama everytime he is hungry, and laughs at the dog. He is clapping now so everytime the football games are on he claps when the crowd claps. In the mornings when we put him in bed with us he starts hitting us on the arm as if to say time to get up. He loves taking baths and going for walks. He is now walking with us holding on to his hands and we have to clap and make a big deal out of it. The other day when he got done with his bath he took the box of q-tips and starting cleaning his own ears and has even picked up the lotion and actted like he was putting it on and rubbed it in. It is amazing the things he picks up on. I truly love Jake more than life and I hope he had a great day. A special thanks to all our friends and family for helping us celebrate and I loved the one year video my mom made for Jake.

No comments: