Saturday, January 30, 2010

Basement Pictures

My wonderful husband has been working so hard on our basement. It is really looking great! When I came home from work yesterday he surprised me. First of all I can not believe that he kept a surprise from me. All of you who know Brent know that he is terrible with keeping surprises and always ends up telling me everything. He had everyone involved with this surprise. He took Jake to the sitter which he usually stays home with him on Fridays and all day he worked with our basement guy "Jake" to surprise me with new washer and dryers, with a counter, cabinets and a sink to go with. When I came home and went downstairs I was so surprised I didn't even realize what was new at first then I kept saying, "oh my goodness a new this and that", and lastly I noticed the washer and dryer. I thought the whole idea was very romantic!!!! He is also very proud of how they put the refrigerator into the wall and his stairs that he put together himself. Brent is planning on moving into the basement bathroom and loves how it is turning out. We are having carpet delivered on Monday, we will be putting in the vanity and toilet, then we have trim and painting the bathroom left. I can't believe how different our basement can look after only three weeks. Jake has done a wonderful job and we would highly recommend him. Good thing I have taught his children in class. We can't thank him enough. I will keep updating the pictures as we finish.